Friday, October 29, 2010

Creativity



I realized how much a difference one year makes. There is a saying that goes something like, "it takes one second to completely turn your life around". If one second equals one opportunity, then there are so many chances for me to do something worthwhile with my life.

I always hated it when people said that they wanted to do something meaningful in their life. It's interesting if I think about it and ask what it all means in the end, to create some sort of meaning. It is not that I am nihilistic...I just feel that trying to make meaning is almost meaningless sometimes. Leaving this world being satisfied with whatever accomplishments I have reached makes me feel as if there is something more. Well, that thought is for another discussion.

People can be both predictable and unpredictable. It's what makes us so interesting. History of past events and narratives may help us to make better decisions in the future, but sometimes it is sufficient to go simply by feeling, or a random thought, and other times it is about making the most rational decisions. It's about balance.

This is a blog. Sometimes it feels more like a space in which I can let all my ideas out. I guess that's the epitome of a blog for some people.

No comments: